Sunday, March 8, 2015

Wedding Card

I needed to send a congratulations card to a newly married couple.  I printed out my standby digi image of the wedding couple & colored it with my Spectrum Noir markers.  I printed it onto the cream Recollections paper.  I find that their papers are actually pretty good for coloring with my alcohol markers.  They have a tiny bit more drag than the Crafter's Companion paper, but it comes in cream.

I started by cutting the card base on my new Cricut Explore Air.  I got it on HSN with the Anna Griffin cartridges.  I have always loved her style.  The new Cricut even scores my card along with cutting it.  I'm not talking about a row of perforation, I really mean a score line.  I am loving my explore so far. I just needed to add a piece of decorative paper behind the lacy card front.  I aged it with Tea Dye Distress ink before I attached it to the decorative paper. I cut another piece of cream decorative paper with the largest oval in the spellbinder set & inked it some. The music note piece was in my scrap drawer.  I attacked the ovals & the dancing couple to the card with foam tape.  I added some clear wink of stella to the flowers & ribbon on the brides dress & hair.



SUPPLIES:

PAPERS: Recollections Cream card stock, K & Company Life's Journey, vintage music sheets

STAMPS: Mo Manning's Digital Pencil dancing couple

INKS & PAINTS: Tea dye Distress ink, Spectrum Noir markers, clear Wink of Stella mar

ADHESIVES: ATG tape, Foam tape, Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive,

MISCELLANEOUS: Cricut Explore Air, Anna Griffin cartridge, Scoring blade, Spellbinders Floral Ovals


No comments: