Monday, March 2, 2015

Congratulations Card

A friend of my mother's is changing jobs because he's been offered a position he's been wanting for some time now.  She asked me to make him a card with the Tim Holtz car & palm trees.  Of course she wanted it to feel manly.  I always love doing masculine cards because they tend to be simple. They don't have flowers, pearls, rhinestones, lace & shimmer.  You get the point.

I started with a 5"x7" card base that I made out of Recollections 110 lb. white card stock.  I used Brushed Corduroy Distress ink on the edges of the paper.  The main layer is a bluish piece of the Tim Holtz Shattered paper.  I don't know what color it is because the sheets aren't labeled.  I stamped three palm trees on that layer with my watermark ink pad.  I used the two embossing powders to color in the trees.  Then I used a black sheet of coredinations paper for the road.  I ran it through my vagabond with the checkerboard Texture fade.  Then I used sand paper to reveal the core color of the paper.  I didn't love the color so I used my tea dye Distress ink to dull it a bit. I tore that piece & attached it to the background.

The Old Jalopy was very simple to put together.  I just used a brown piece of coredinations paper over the card section on the die & a black piece of coredinations over the section that cuts all of the car parts.  The black paper I used has a teal core.  I just sanded the edges of the car parts & glues them together.  I used the frosted sheets from Tim Holtz for the windows.  I really like the look.  I attached it with Multi-Medium.  The car was attached with foam tape.



SUPPLIES:

PAPERS: Tim Holtz Distress Collection Coredinations papers from the Distress & Shattered collections, Recollections 110 lb. white card stock

STAMPS: A Stamp in the Hand palm tree

INKS & PAINTS: Tim Holtz Distress ink tea dye, brushed corduroy, Timber Powder Keg embossing powder, Verdigris Embossing Antiquities, Versamark Watermark ink pad

EMBELLISHMENTS: Tim Holtz Frosted Sheets, word bands, game spinners, brads & compass coins

ADHESIVES: ATG tape, foam tape, Scotch Quick-Dry Adhesive, Multi-Medium matte

CUTTING:  Sizzix Tim Holtz Old Jalopy Bigz Die, Tim Holtz checkerboard Texture Fade

No comments: